Monday, September 07, 2009

Junior Pharmacist Experience

Today was my first day experiencing the compounding aspect of Pharmacy
This practical required us to compound three solutions using different technique
I wasn't quite exited about this practical before I stepped into the lab
As I had already witnessed the hectic moment my fellow classmates experienced last week when I was in the Pre-Lab
What was on my mind this morning is to get into the lab and work my arse off, in order to finish those three solutions~

Surprisingly, it turned out to be a pretty enjoyable but still hectic session
I've actually experienced what a true pharmacist does almost everyday in his work life
Get the tablets/ capsules from the shelves, crush them using the trademark Mortar and Pester
Pour the solution in, dissolve the particles, transfer them into the bottle
SHAKE THEM!
Well, it would sound a bit too boring if you were to do this throughout your whole life
In fact, it would really be a pain if you think twice, but the fun part is the thought that you are actually curing a life, no matter it's critical or not, it's the fact that you're actually offering someone who is sick a help~ That made the whole thing interesting again~

Well, first time...
The solutions weren't TOO BaD...
Just a little bit over concentrated, just a few errors in the ingredients...
er...felt a BIT guilty now...
Of course, in real life, this kinda errorS ARE NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
giving it's the first time, I SECRETLY FORGAVE MYSELF......
no more next time!!!
OR my poor patient, gonna be overdosed and going to the toilet all the time -.-

I love my job! :b

2 comments:

傻萱 September 7, 2009 at 9:43:00 PM GMT+8  

envy...add oil yo~

yunghowe September 8, 2009 at 7:16:00 PM GMT+8  

might be coffin next time.........
haha~ jia you!!

Archive

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP