Monday, August 15, 2011

With Great Reward, Comes Great Sacrifice

At this stage of my very life
Kids Sunday School teacher Anuska just taught the kids and me a very important concept

"With Great Reward, Comes Great Sacrifice"

 Although a simple phrase like that, probably means:

Sacrifice= Be obedient and quiet, listen to the teachers
Reward= Gummy Babies

To the kids...

To me, it means a little bit more~

I've always been a person who wants to get things done quickly, and somehow sometimes expected to see the result immediately
I embrace the "get things done quickly" spirit in a way that it keeps me awake
But this attitude can't be used in every situation
Sometimes, patience plays an important role
Sometimes, good things are worth waiting for
Sometimes, you just have to wait!

Patience, slow to anger, tolerance, keeping composure
They're all related, in a way that they test your ability to WAIT

With this knee injury
It comes together with a lesson of "Obedience and Patience"
Temptations are all over the place
The sound of bouncing basketball is enough to fire me up
The combo sight of ball+rim, you can imagine...
How I wished I can play~~~
I violated the "REST" rule...I have to wait longer now
God's teaching me a lesson I guess...
To WAIT, for every good things in life~


From old friend siewmay, I've learned the way to put this patience thing to use
She's a girl with tremendous patience and love for others
Putting others first, and ownself last
That's not easy and yet she demonstrated this to me everyday
If not with great ease, it's with great sacrifice
I've never thought that we would meet this way this time in Australia
Somehow, God brought her here, even at some point it was almost completely hopeless for her to come already
I'm grateful for a friend like this, a friend who understands

知心的会走更近, once said by gaodaimao
I'm glad I'm surrounded by friends who exchange hearts, who truly cares
What more can I ask for really? :)

1 comments:

Ruru August 20, 2011 at 8:13:00 PM GMT+8  

Now you know to be a good boy and rest more??
Take Care Take Care...
Be good and patient just like the patient we needed for our next gathering!!

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP