Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Since when...

Walking on my way back from lecture today
Just at the junction between Frome Road and North Terrace
A motor rider was lying on his stomach the middle the road
Of course with the scooter and a car besides him, as well as some people
Everyone there was terrified, except some youngsters trying to make fun of the scene when the ambulance came
Cars passed by slowly
Pedestrians walked by slowly, none without looking towards the middle of the junction

That moment, it reminded me of how fragile a human life can be
Ever thought of how bad it would hurt?
For sure the answer will be: YES, it definitely will hurt A LOT!
But please describe it...
Well, only those who has actually experienced it knows
Yea, I've tried falling off someone's back after accidentally sitting on his back
Hard to imagine?
Well, basketballers will understand this feeling
This is what we call riding on aeroplane (坐飞机)
When I looked down from that height, while having my body hanging horizontally in the air, unsuspended...
That was like a distance of 2 metres from the ground, ONLY
Yet, it freaked me out for half a second
As I came down and landed my backside on the hard concrete floor
A sensation of numbness came along, for about 10 seconds
And then there was pain
Ohya, forgot to mention one thing, I saw Isaac's facial expression in total shock when I was in mid-air, falling down...
Oh well, that was my fall from 2 metres above the ground...
Imagine the pain someone must have experienced falling from an even higher ground
Conclusion is, life's indeed fragile, in a way that matters physically

The CCM session every Wednesday is a good time
A good time for me to think
A good time for me to remember to be grateful of what I'm enjoying now
A good time for me to understand the principle of "no pain, no gain"
A good time for me, of course, to hang out and laugh out loud with buddies
Well, I'm not a Christian myself, and I think I never will be too
However, the stories of Christ taught me a lot
About what I can do to become a good, humble and wise man
My life have been getting better as time passes by, so I see no reason not to continue this journey of soul

When was the last time someone said good night to you?
When was the last time you said good night to someone?

It has been a while, but it happened tonight, blessed!

1 comments:

Anonymous August 8, 2009 at 8:36:00 AM GMT+8  

love the phrase
life is slippery, here,take my hand
so sweet =D

Life is fragile - YES!
That's why we cherish our family & friends,and try the utmost to protect them, right?

Cheers,
aijia

Archive

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP