Thursday, July 29, 2010

Back online...but not quite yet...

Uni has started already for a few days (in fact, it's already Thursday now)
Started to get back to work and see some familiar faces again
Everything seems to get back online now for me in Adelaide
But somehow, I thought...erm..."not quite" yet...


Uni hasn't really started for me, since I can't feel the intensity yet
It should be an easy semester to me, three subjects, one lesser than most of my fellow classmates
Which means more time to me, which also means that I should do better this semester
I must make sure I get thru' everything to enjoy a stress-free summer holiday in less than 4 months time
I can feel the pressure somehow, I mean, who would want to spend that totally avoidable expenses and time to come all the way back to Adelaide for a stupid mistake (supplementary exam)
Definitely not me, and I should make sure that won't happen to me
For your information, something like that will be a potential holiday wrecker
It would blow up all my plans...so...there's the pressure, I hope it's a good one though
Coming back from holiday, in my first Pharmacotherapeutics Theory lecture...
Dr. Ward talked about stroke, I felt quite comfortable listening to the topic
Maybe it's the refreshing holiday that I had, plus hard work from last semester
It kinda feels easier (it better be)
Yes, I told myself "It's not bad for a start, let's keep it up!"
So...let's see, for a perfect holiday, for a brighter future, I fight!


My referee life~
Going back to the familiar place, seeing familiar faces has never been better
Especially the welcoming faces from my boss Rodney and Stuart, and of course my fellow referees
That gave me the confidence to do it all again on the court
Of course, it's about earning $$$, but also trying to "enjoy" the moment
It's definitely rewarding experience if all the players are behaving themselves...
BUT!!! It rarely happens, and that grey shirt than I'm wearing...
It's kinda saying "Please hate me!!!" to the angry players
Well, that's life and reality, it's a natural hate to the person with the whistle most of the time
Sometimes, I have the thought of "Why should I receive all the crap from those disrespectful, old and oily guys???"
And I thought twice "Hey, that's typical working life, that's how you could grow stronger, from all those crappy moments the customers give you..."
Well at least, not many people can give their customer a TECHNICAL FOUL if they are being rude and disrespectful, at least I still have the privilege to abuse my customer. Yea?
Sometimes when the match gets too boring (most of the time)...
I could day dream while still focusing on the game (amazing right? I agree.)
I tell myself......

"It actually depends on how you look at the rude comments...they are older than you, but look at the way they play, are they any better than yourself?? Where are the manners?? Aren't they old enough to be able to respect people?? Why would I still worry about what they think of me??"

"And look at what they're doing, cutting corners, trying to hurt other people just to vent their anger and pressure (perhaps from their own working life) and feel sorry afterwards."

This is the reality I see every night in refereeing, and it's a good learning time, telling myself not to behave like some of them

From them, I see pressure in life, I see the impact of age in life, I see all sorts of things...

But hey...

What's even valuable, are the good things I learn from them...in contrast to their behaviour...

I learn to be more tolerant, to be more mindful for others, to care about others' feeling, to be aware that there are always people better than me, to be humble and ready to accept failure all the time

I might not have the chance to work in this environment in the future
Experience, it's a learning lesson that I will remember for life.

And surely, saving up money for my goal has never felt better
I've reached my first target, and now moving on to the second


钱难赚, it's true, that is why it's so rewarding when you reach you target finally

Basketball, I need to feel the motivation
I've never played basketball properly since I got back from holiday
And the worst thing is that I could not feel the thirst to play!!!!!!
I was worried...
But no more now!!!


The flash back of my bball life in high school days while chatting with AhWen last night and Allen's msg asking if I'm ready to guard the best player in the upcoming game kinda lifted me up again
I'm ready to go again, I hope! (will see it tonight!)
And the drive to average of 15 points per game (currently 11), make my first chase down block, make a successful dunk and more than 10 rebounds are BACK!


And I truly hope that it will become clearer this Sunday...so that I could see thru' the fog soon!

Friends~ You guys have been great I must say
Although what I hear are nonsenses most of the time
But the company kept me wide awake
There's nothing unsaid between us, and we say it thru' heart, not vocal
How could I still ask for more than that?
I'm happy and I'm content
Anything else should be a bonus to me~
Every trip is a trip that draws hearts nearer, even with the people that were actually not with us during the trip, that's why I love travelling so much, it's just fantastic!^^

LOL~ I've just realised that I've typed so long...
Boring Thursday afternoon...except a little climax when the handyman came
We had some fun in the bathroom, saying how crappy the shower door is
This old guy is funny and straightforward~ In fact, we had lotsa fun IN THE BATHROOM
The funniest part is when he was trapped in the shower by the stupid shower door!! LOL!!!!!!
I just kept laughing and laughing~~~
Well, guess it's a not bad afternoon eii? XP

3 comments:

LuYin July 29, 2010 at 7:34:00 PM GMT+8  

Hey,old friend...
I must say I enjoy your blog very much!!!!!!!!
Go for it! your goal is never far for you!!
aw....i miss you guys very much...

P/s: Me and Yong had been trapped in your bathroom also! LOL....Haven't fix it meh??

♥KAMEN July 29, 2010 at 8:30:00 PM GMT+8  

"..we had lotsa fun IN THE BATHROOM.."
HEY, HO AIK HUI! dis sounds so GAY!!! OMG!! LOL!!! ......... ISH!
>< hav a lots of fun huh?! good good.... LOL!! brighten ur day a lot i guess... LOL!! XP

the orange whistle reali so suit u!! LOL!!! so funny... @@ how u could get it.. =.=

I guess after the camera, u should start to save up money for the little house-by-the-meadow d? tat 1 leii... at Great Ocean Road there de leii..... remember??!! LOL!!


keep up ur spirit!
hav a great day~ =)

LPY July 29, 2010 at 10:50:00 PM GMT+8  

No scare de shi ma... 3 subject, easy la... Get 3 high distinction this sem leiii... Faster come Sydney placement lo... Chao..
Really hate tat stupid door la... Should break it last time for the handyman.. Make him easy...

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP