Thursday, November 05, 2009

Touched by hearts

Just a random thursday night
Just finished watching "The Ugly Truth"
A nice and true movie, made a few statements that hardly someone would make and admit generally but are terribly and seriously the truth~
Worth watching, even not for the 'truth', go for the 'laugh' then~

Hmm, just before I forget to remember to write it down
I just wanna talk about Brett
A guy that I met in Wayville basketball court when I was refereeing, umpiring rather...
He's a guy in his mid-30s, I supposed...
He was nice enough the other night to offer me a ride home from the court
It was already 11pm that night, instead of walking to the bus stop and wait for the bus in the cold without the jacket...
I've got lucky to meet Brett and of course Pat, his mother, I also supposed...

Pat: "John! How are you going home?"
"Oh, I'm just gonna take a bus at the main road!"
"Where do you live?"
"Just in the city."
Then I saw Brett sort of 'climb' to the backseat of his car, trying to pull the door lock up for me
Brett: "Come in, John!"

Besides a sign of relief, there was a kinda warm breeze rushing throughout my body

Turns out it wasn't just another free ride home...
On my way home in Brett's car
Pat told me a lot about Brett...
What he has done in his life...
Where he works...
When he did this and that...
While Brett just quietly driving alongside, on the quiet streets of Adelaide
Then, only I realise how much Brett has been thru' in his life...
Brett is a referee as well, he referees almost 3 nights a week
Of course, he has been a great teacher to me, teaching me every little things about refereeing
Not just that, he protected me when angry players tried to have a go on me as a rookie
Brett has broken his knee when he was younger
Brett had taken part in the Special Olympics held in Ireland back in 2003
He represented Australia and won a bronze medal for his country
Nothing matters more than the way he said it to me...

"I broke my knee when I was young, no big deal, I got over with it and move on with my life..."

I looked around in Brett's car...
I saw nothing but hardwork...
He works in a local disabled people facilities
He made sure he brings his mother around so that she will not get bored

I'm sure Pat is proud of Brett, in fact, very proud of what his son has achieved

In Brett's eye, I see truth, and I see the simplicity of happiness
Once again he allowed me to confirm that there's no superiority between happinessES
And I'm happy, I'm happy to get the chance to meet Brett in my life
He gave me the inspiration that I needed desperately
To live my life without regrets...

"Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt"

1 comments:

Anonymous November 9, 2009 at 5:51:00 AM GMT+8  

"Let me win, but if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt"

good one! another inspirational post~
jia you ahh..u found ur motivation back, strive! =D

Archive

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP