Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grounded

Grounded
adjective
1. well balanced and sensible
2. (of a pilot or an aircraftprohibited or prevented from flying
informal (of a child being punishednot allowed to participate in social or recreational activities

Haven't been playing well on the court these two weeks
Knee pain is bothering me, preventing me from going high to reach the rim
If I lost, I felt that I hadn't given my best (which I simply couldn't)
If I won, I couldn't feel the sense of achievement (because I hadn't given my best)

I once worried, what will happen one day when I really become OLD and couldn't use my athletic ability in basketball anymore?
I rely on my agility and jumping ability a lot in the game of basketball to score
What if those abilities were taken away from me one day?? Or what if they simply just fade away slowly till I realise one day that I've lost them??
By then, would the skills and experiences I've learnt all these years come into play??
Basketball is a game of wisdom, no one can rely on their 'flying' skills to succeed
But am I relying on them too much at the moment?
Is that the reason that makes me feel like "GROUNDED"?
Would I become an useless player if I can no longer jump as high and run as fast?
I hope not, I hope that I do have some skills and brains!!!

First thing first, how to get myself back a healthy knee???
Better shoes to protect it?
Rest and away from bball?
Don't force myself to jump all out?
Change my game?

Those are the potential solutions to the problem, but none of them appeal to me :b
Well, I would definitely have to change my game, to become a wiser player
Wiser player uses their limited amount of energy wisely
Wiser player sees the leakage and attack the weak-side
Wiser player knows how to protect himself!!!

T-Mac, I feel that for you...
(He had a injured left knee, he couldn't jump using his left leg- which is right handed players stronger leg, and should use his right to jump, but instead he still used his left, didn't get up high enough to get the lay-up...all these just to adjust for his injured left knee)
Injury is our biggest enemy.

9 comments:

yxian April 19, 2010 at 9:20:00 AM GMT+8  

hey, do u consult doctor? try to rest for a couple week until ur knee getting better...

Johnny Boy April 19, 2010 at 11:32:00 AM GMT+8  

hmm, i think it's a old injury, will rest and do some rehab myself, old bones already-.-'''...the pain just grew bigger until i noticed...thanks ya!

Anonymous April 19, 2010 at 10:46:00 PM GMT+8  

不要打bball啦。。。。去买保护塾,长期绑住一段时间,知道吗?

Johnny Boy April 20, 2010 at 4:27:00 AM GMT+8  

是的~!

Anonymous April 20, 2010 at 12:47:00 PM GMT+8  

猜看,谁这样关心你。。。。。。。太激略运动暂停。

Johnny Boy April 20, 2010 at 10:16:00 PM GMT+8  

hmm...你是不是跟保护垫有关系的人?
很难猜叻~~~

Anonymous April 21, 2010 at 11:58:00 AM GMT+8  

哎呀!有这样难猜吗??????是朝夕思念你旳丽珠lauma。。。买了护垫了吗?品牌比较好的,问医生看要吃药等。

Hooi lie April 21, 2010 at 6:53:00 PM GMT+8  

take care ya !! as a basketball enthusiast, legs r vy important for you.Erm.. not really agree with those solutions u have listed becoz the benefits do not outweigh the risks. :) The major benefit is u can play basketball , not stop urself for playing basketball.
If ur knee is still not getting better, should get consultation from podiatrist from our uni.

Johnny Boy April 22, 2010 at 4:08:00 PM GMT+8  

老妈:我就知道~你变态的你,一直偷偷观察自己的儿子!!!吃药不好,我还年轻~~~哇哈哈!!

hooilie: LOL, benefit and risk~ Yea, now i understand why some patient resists to take their medicine, it's passion~ thanks lo! i hope it's not that serious :b

Archive

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP