Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tidy up and Recharge


9 more days to go till the end of my dreadful exams period
Been taking studies easily, hopefully not TOO easy that it turns out bad
I like the feeling of finish studying when it comes to the end of a day (no matter if I do remember anything or not sometimes :b)
Rewarding myself with a nice relax time, sitting there, watching movie or listening to musics
Whenever I was doing this, I always thought out our math teachers in foonyew (mr. tan & mr. lee, two of the greatest and most powerful math teachers of all time)


They talk about relaxing before an exam a lot and eventhough they don't hope much of us believing in them, they would still keep preaching this concept once in a while, telling us it's actually beneficial by telling us that they used to go to cinema usually the day right before the exam (especially the math exam, cos they're math geniuses! LOL!)
Well, I've been adapting to this pattern of study for years, not that I did well in my previous exams, but at least I felt good and relax when stepping into the exam venue
So...I think, it's good to continue this 'tradition' for me


In contrast, you've gotta embrace the pressure on the basketball court
I like pressure situation and I feed on it, especially when the crowd is LOUD
It's been a blessing to know Joe and Allen, my two basketball senior in Adelaide
And it's also terrific to know that they have high hopes in me
Regarding me as the 1st option just after two of them in the team


During a time before a game two weeks ago, Joe talked to me in the changing room
He said I have to step up and recognise the situation when he (Joe) can't make any play and score
He said they (Joe and Allen) will turn to me and hand the ball to me and hoping that I can make things happen
And he can only tell me this in the changing room privately, as he wants everybody to be content in the team, and not being jealous of one another, especially in a young team like ours
That short moment gave me tremendous strength and confidence
To step on the court, encouraged and ready to make a difference


I've never had this kinda encouragement in years, since my last game in foonyew...
I started that unforgettable game as a bench player, got in the court after 5 or 6 minutes of the 1st quarter
I had a nice shooting touch that day and all of my first few shots went in
Coach got confident in me and let me stayed on the court and we kept the scores tight until the 4th quarter
During the last timeout, coach said to me, "Tell them to give you the ball, see what you can do and make a 3 pointer!"


To be honest, I almost cried that time -.-'''
Weird I know but I've never felt so trusted before, that's why I was so emotional
In the end, we lost the game, but I'll always remember that one last game

I've had trouble trusting people
It only becomes a little bit better these few years
And yet I demand so many trust from others
Because I like the feeling of being trusted

己所不欲,勿施于人

This 8 words by Confucius kinda guided me in times when a decision is needed to be made

So tired physically and mentally these days, been thinking a lot of nonsense, and also picturing beautiful moments in my head
Well I think I deserved it @.@, for day-dreaming too much!!!

My short-term goal:
1. Do well in exams
2. Win the next coming up bball game against the strongest opponent
3. Win Canberra MASCA bball championship
4. Save up for a new MacBook Pro for sis
5. Get enough sleep

Long-term goal:
1. Learn to trust others more
2. Be more determined
3. Learn to tolerate more and complain less
4. Continue to give help whenever needed
5. Be a good son, good brother, good boyfriend, good husband, good dad and GOOD PERSON
6. Be happy, no matter what~


(++Watson's mum's here, NON STOP DELICIOUS FOOD during EXAMS PERIOD++)
(Tell me I'm Lucky!!! LOL!!!)

P.S. I dunno what's my point in the last post :S, so...you know, people lost their mind sometimes :b

4 comments:

yxian June 22, 2010 at 10:51:00 PM GMT+8  

yo bro, u can do it, trust u!!!
wish u all the best~

Hooi lie June 23, 2010 at 9:22:00 PM GMT+8  

I like ur long term goals !!! HAHA..erm.. I can work hard and achieve one of ur short term goals together - do well in exam ^.^ but the rest ..wishing and “十朴”-ing (in canton)you in behind!! GOOd luck in exam !

Whitelily June 23, 2010 at 9:22:00 PM GMT+8  

A good boyfriend,a good hubby and a good dad,lol,admire that!

Johnny Boy June 24, 2010 at 7:36:00 AM GMT+8  

gamsia!!!

Archive

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP