Sunday, May 09, 2010

Moments of Life when everything is speeding up...

It's already 9 days into May
This is the time when many of the assignments are due, tests creeping in to snatch your time away...
Same to me, I'm part of the fortunate ones who had their time dedicated to piles of lecture notes
And a part of  those who had their brain cells forced to work hard and hate them at the same time
Luckily enough, I'm able to squeeze this down time to revisit my memories and reconnect with the inspiration felt for the past two weeks.......While eating my recent masterpiece- TIRAMISU~~~

So why not, let's start from tiramisu!!
A week ago, this video showed up on my recommended list in my youtube homepage
So I thought why not? Let's look at whether it's hard to make or not...
As you can see, pretty easy hey?!? Indeed!!!
Therefore, it lighted up my passion and desire to make a dessert~
And I have always like tiramisu and wouldn't miss a chance to order it whenever I'm in an Italian restaurant

Tiramisu- Essentially means "lift me up" in Italiano, which according to one of the beloved waiter in
Ciao Italia (a must try Italian restaurant in South Perth, if you have not tried them, you wouldn't say that you have been to Perth!!!), is a kind of food made for soldiers who were going to war by their wives, to "lift them up".

Of course, you can't miss Derrick (left, a passionate baker fren and bball teammate of mine :b) when you're going to bake a cake or make a dessert...So I called him and asked him to buy some missing ingredients that I need for the tiramisu

There you go, all set and ready for it at 8pm Saturday night @ my place


We followed the steps in the video and made some adjustments ourselves...

We decreased the amount of sugar added by 2 tablespoons and used that 2 tablespoons in the coffee instead
Added the wonderful coffee liquor (definitely better than kahlua, which is normally used in making tiramisu) given by John (a kind and interesting french wine vendor that comes to my place twice per year)
We didn't immersed the ladyfingers totally in the coffee, we only immersed half of it to give us a bit of the dry texture


Some important thing to note down...

Always take the mascarpone cheese and eggs out from the fridge and leave them in room temperature before you use them, this will help you when you're trying to beat up the egg white and prevent clogs of mascarpone cheese
Use hand to mix the mixture in the final part to let more air into the cream, producing a fluffy texture

There you go, our tasty and irresistible tiramisu~ haha!!
Took us about 45 mins
And leave in the fridge for two hours before serving, however, it'll taste a lot better if you leave it overnight~

Basketball and refereeing!!!
It's fair to say my life revolving around basketball for this weekend (actually pretty much every weekend)
I've never thought basketball would be an interest that actually earns me money, of course, while enjoying it!
Let's look at the schedule:

Friday 6pm-9pm: Casual half court basketball with top players, mostly from Malaysia and Philippines, sometimes a few Aussies too, great fun!!!

Saturday 9am-11am: Training with teammates, coached by our boss Allen, great time to talk rubbish, have fun while being serious training basketball.
Saturday 3pm-6pm: Referee at Wayville in church league, well mannered players and young players (7-18 years old). I can do my job quietly without the need to worry about fussy, irritable and angry players, and KIDS ARE CUTE!!!...And also learnt from Rodney, who is a very nice national referee coach in his 60s, enthusiastic about training the next generation of good referees who are willing to listen and improve, who he considered me and Isaac to be one of them :b

Monday 6pm- 10pm: Referee at Wayville, a learning process while earning generous amount of pocket money, the downside is I would have to deal with some irritable players already in their 30s or even 40s and just wouldn't shut up during the game, who I think is quite "cute" in a way that they kept on reminding me myself not to be like them, which is beneficial for my character building :b

Tuesday 6pm- 10pm: Same as Monday, the only difference is a funny and friendly court supervisor who is super nice to me and Isaac, rewarding us financially all the time :b

Yea, so can I say that my life revolve around basketball?? Pretty much so, right?? LOL

One special thing, me and Isaac is fortunate enough to spectate an women ABA (Australian Basketball Association) game this past Saturday
The have everything in terms of what you expect in a proper basketball competition
Lightning, Musics, Commentator, Locker rooms discussion, Top class referees......and crowd~
And of course, fine quality players~

I've never watched such a good basketball game with my own eyes without a screen for a long time, it just simply amazing to be there and experience it~
I could feel the hardwork the players put in even sitting on the stand
What inspired me the most is that they are not all full time players, they all have proper jobs during the day and they sacrifice their sleep time to wake up early in the morning or stay back at night to practise together before or after work~
Clap!!!

What's the day today???
MOTHER's DAY!!!
And yes, a big shout out my mum, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!
Was inspired by Vincent's testimony about his relationship with his mother this morning during the special mother's day celebration by his church, this reminded me of the flawless and unconditional love given by mum ever since my existence......

This love, has always kept me going and getting up when I fall, also, inspired me all the time to be a good dad to my daughter and son in the future...
Love, is so amazing that you can appreciate it in so many different ways, and yet it can touch your heart in every single way...

Booked my air ticket to Sydney!!!!!!
Talked to the ZLZs in Sydney and our biaomei in Penang~ :b
And in our head, we plan and we imagine how it would be like...joyfully~
What more can I say, it will definitely be a great great holiday, hard to forget and easy to remember~
At the moment, study hard for a peaceful and 'noi-worries' (like what Aussie says...) holiday~

Anticipate......our small reunion~~~

5 comments:

shiun88 May 11, 2010 at 10:19:00 PM GMT+8  

wooh...hope can try ur tiramisu one day...it looks so tasty...

ur life there always inspires me~
keep it up...

RuRu May 14, 2010 at 7:40:00 PM GMT+8  

heyhey..I want to make that tiramisu and eat it.......

the little reunion...definitely a unforgetable one!!!!!

jia you first and all the best ya!!

and your life just too happenning and I am jealous............

♥KAMEN May 18, 2010 at 12:38:00 AM GMT+8  

The tiramisu reali can eat ke?
hahaha!! i doubt.... ><

work hard!!!!

looking forward.....
July~~~ XD

all the best!! =)

pei xi May 18, 2010 at 3:57:00 AM GMT+8  

it looks great...
i think i shd follow this, and try to do it..haha...
ur life there is full of interesting...haha...and u are enjoying being a referee

Te Ying June 10, 2010 at 10:51:00 PM GMT+8  

OMG, ur tiramisu dessert looks awesome!!!

Archive

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP