Saturday, May 15, 2010

Wonderful World


Ben Singer, a pessimist in his life with nothing going at the right direction
Car get towed away, fired for no reason, divorced...
Which made him think that the world is nothing but just a cold and filthy place with 'bugs'
However, he possessed a rare talent that would bring joy to others that he had never realised
Only after a life of his close friend was taken away, his life changed

And 'fishes start to fall from the sky' for him (According to Ibu, his friend, a good sign of hope)
Then he realised life is all about how he looks at it, not how it appears to be like...

I've often seen films, or even games with a middle aged male character
Who has already gone through 'a lot' of life, which often is a self-proclaimed matter
It not hard to imagine how his life looks like...

Sour milk in the fridge, beer bottles on the living room floor, chips on the sofa...
A typical unattended man's house
A place where a grown man can be himself without worrying about anything around him
All he wants is maybe just a moment of quietness and self indulgence

I guess......
This moment of peacefulness is what I enjoy sometimes...

Does it mean that I'm already OLD?!? LOL
I hope not, and I truly hope that everyone would want a moment for he (she) and himself (herself) every now and then, not just me...
Sometimes I just wanna be at home
Studying, watching movie, playing games, surfing the net, reading books, looking at photos......
Or even chatting over the net with a person miles miles away instead of another living individual just outside my doorstep who I can touch physically
I regard these moments as my moments of touch, when I say touch here, it means emotional touch, where either you're approaching your true feelings or you're moving your heart closer to another's

These moments would make me smirk when I think back...weird!!! you must think...well even worse, these moments give me motivation, in a form that you just can't explain :b
Well, I guess, that's me~

Reality to me, is when...
I step out of the door and realise a whole lot of people with different ethnic backgrounds walking around me
Sometime I would get this mental 'wake up call' that tells me, "Hey, you're overseas now, and you're a uni student!" haha!!
Guess my mind still doesn't wanna come back from that beautiful holiday that I just had with lotsa fun, foods and love
And quite realistically, somehow I still couldn't get used with the fact that I do not need spectacles in order to look clearly into the colourful world surrounding me

A little side note, a friend of mine is a colourblind, a condition which I think he regards as better than totally blind
We have this same polo T, the same brand the same design but different colour
I remembered I told him that I have the same shirt as his when I saw his last time
And just recently, I wore that shirt and met him again...and he remembered that we have the same T
The moment when he asked me "Do our shirts have the same colour?"
I stunned for a second and I told him how the colours differ by letting him know that his shirt is darker in colour
Looking at his happy face, I know he is strong and thankful already for what he has...

People seeks for different things in life
And you might not get what you want
This is when "What you do not have, is a treasure" kicks in

We either blame the world for its unfair or we look for things within our reach that could be visible if we just try
It's easy as that...
People who blames would not get happiness
People who embraces life get everything that he/she needs

0 comments:

Archive

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP