Sunday, February 07, 2010

Happy People, Happy Stories...

Time passes by pretty quickly
Especially when you're enjoying them...
And it applies to me not just at the moment, but also the past few weeks!
It wouldn't be hard to accept that CNY is just around the corner, and I've been back for almost 1.5 months already...
I always say how I wished holiday would be longer, but now I would look back and say, What A Holiday it has been for me~ Can I just say, the best holiday so far~
The best holiday that I have so much lovely memories that I can carry and ignore the fact that it almost over...

First of all, Wonda brother went back to Minneapolis for the sake of his bright future
His short yet memorable holiday was well worth, once again, he has created a handful of memories
Although we were talking nonsense most of the time, but I enjoyed the company
Besides nonsense, we talked about future, we talked about earning big money, neither of us talked about studies, I guess we both have the mutual understanding that studying is just not our thing but a step that have to be taken in order to success, not that we don't care, we still strive for our best!
Good luck to him, and I'm sure the next time we come back to FoonYew together, is the time we help our school to build better TOILETS and facilities, seriously but LOL!

And then, the Wedding of PeiShan jie and You go!
I know both of them because of laopenyou, as PeiShan jie's brother is laopenyou
And we only met a few times in high school and once in Perth, together with LiWen jie and Albert go
But I guess it's the friendships between me and laopenyou that bring us together, I'm sure I'm always mentioned by laopenyou :b
For a few days before the wedding in JB, I was with PeiShan jie, You go and laopenyou almost all the time~
Since I'm in holiday, why not have them as company and help out with some preparations?
The main thing I did was to help and fold the lil cute paper box that contains sweets and chocs~
It's a hard thing to fold, but with each others' company, this seems like an enjoyable and productive chores to do, not tiring, yea i mean, AT ALL!
And definitely, it's fun to be around them, we joked and we laughed~
Through all this, I've also gained some experience and have a sneak peek of how a wedding is prepared
I've got to say, it's truly not an easy thing to do, even with the assistance of friends and families!
And you've just got to give PeiShan jie and You go TWO THUMBS UP for making it all possible!
I hardly see them sleep days before the wedding, they made non-stop phone calls to ensure everyone was invited and taken care of...
And yet they took care of me and laopenyou, made sure that we have our tummy filled up all the time , haha!
Ohyea, and I met You go's dad, he's definitely an uncle you want to be with!
He's kind, he's lovely, he's understanding and thus he's respected~

And then, here comes laopenyou's families from Bukit Mertajam~~~
The same like jiejie, I've only met uncle, auntie and the brothers for like ONCE?! before...
Amazingly, we got along together so well that seems like we knew each other years ago
They are all easy-going people who love to smile and laugh all the time
I guess that's what made us get along so well~
I didn't feel like an outsider when I was with them, which is definitely an awesome feeling that you can only wish and not ask for when you're in the situation that I was in!
Most of the time I was with laopenyou and tried my best to give a hand when needed
If not with laopenyou, then I was with ChiaWen, laopenyou's cute & funny cousin mostly~
ChiaWen is definitely the person you'll die to be with if you want non-stop laugh and chit-chat :b
Well, not just that, she's the one with no problem to get things done too!
It only gets crazier if you put 3 of us together! Yea I mean CRAZIER!
(I'll explain that further later...:b)

The wedding on 23rd January turned out to be a memorable night, not as expected I must say!
As our respected Johor Ruler passed away, we have to pay respect and turn the musics and noises down in the ballroom~
Which caused us to think that the wedding was gonna be very boring and awkward...
But we happy people figured a way through all this, we cut corners, we found shortcuts...and we succeed!
The wedding that includes almost 700 people turned out to be a great great night!
I must say it wasn't easy at all, once again~
Hmm...let's take note of some unforgettable moments:

a car ride from the car park to the hotel main entrance, driven by a drunk lady driver, terrified both me and huajie :b
also, a car ride from the car park to You go's house in uncle's Rexton driven by laopenyou, both me and chiawen sat quietly and we arrived at the destination unharmed, LOL!
being pushed to the back of uncle's car with ChiaWen & Yuyu by uncle, a plot set down by laopenyou and uncle, both of them high-5 when they met, haha!
the moment laopenyou phoned me that ChiaWen was actually in the hospital, I still warned him not to cheat me, LOL! Coincidently I was on the way home, reached there in 5 mins~

And last but not least, I truly appreciated the opportunity to meet people and make tons of friends through this wedding~ An amazing experience, that I would not forget!

Now, move to my Penang trip!!!!!!
Can I say? my third visits to Penang, and the best so far!
I followed laopenyou's family back together in uncle's car (luckily there's enough space to fit me in)
This was a trip with multiple stops, first YongPeng for bfast, then Putrajaya for laopenyou's documents , Batu Caves for lunch, Mentakab to drop PoPo off, halfway between Mentakab and Genting for yummy Duriansss, 100km before Ipoh for dinner, Taiping to drop me off~
It took us whole day, I bet it was tiring for uncle (he drove the most) and laopenyou (he drove at night), I just slept and only drove from YongPeng to Putrajaya :b

I stopped at Taiping for 2 days to visit my grandparents and relatives before heading off to BM
It's definitely nice to see my grandparents, aunt, uncles and cousins after a year apart~
Grandpa took me around the town for bfast and lunch the first day I was there...
The bfast and lunch gave me a sneak peek of how my life would be for the next week in Northern M'sia, yum yum and yum! haha!
As a grown up, grandpa talked to me about how to behave myself and to succeed in the future, he told me to do things step by step, not to gamble and be responsible.
And him as a chinese doctor, he urged me about what to eat and what not to eat, and also the way he treated many cancer cases and how his medicines work interestingly~
I truly enjoyed the moment together with him, and deep down in my heart, I made a promise that I must make him proud someday in the near future~
My 二姨&姨丈 took great care of me! LOL!
They brought me around for good foods and filled me up every single time~

In two days, I ate 4 plates of char kuay tiao, as they know it's my favourite~ and of course, tons of others!
My 2 days in Taiping passes by pretty quickly as I was asleep most of the time due to the effect of the alcohol in my grandpa's herbal medicine, haha! (which was thought to be able to treat my acne!!!)

There you go, 2 days in Taiping~
Took an hour bus trip that cost RM7.70 all the way to BM (cheap!)

ChiaWen and laopenyou came to Sg. Juru Tol to pick me up, luckily I didn't have to take a taxi :b
And since then, our fun began!
The first thing that I did when I reached laopenyou's house was to EAT!!!
Auntie prepared a tomyam steamboat, which was outstandingly D......elicious!
ChiaWen said that she was gonna put a lil CW tummy in me, I bet she was right and confident about it, LOL!
We eat and eat and eat~~~
After that, 3 of us went out...for FOODs again!
ChiaWen took us to her favourite Mang Zhang Kuey stall
The hawker was a old man, which seemed promising for taste! And comon', he was using charcoal to cook the kuey, it couldn't get any better!!!!!! And there's no need to describe how tasty is the Kuey already~ haha!
And then, we went to buy Rojak~ woohoooo~ It's a different kinda rojak where they have all the fruits and squids pierced on a satay stick~ YUM!
(Gosh, I should have taken some photos...but I guess I was too busy :b)
And then, we went to play bball!
Haven't played for 1 whole month, my thrist for bball had reached a new high, it just great to be able to sweat and laugh freely on the court again~
Although my skills were definitely rusty, but I still enjoyed it after all, guess it was the people that I was around with, haha!
Back home, after a great moment of bball, we started to eat again~ @.@
I could feel my appetite coming back slowly, as I had started to utilise my energy again instead of pooling them, LOL!

Moving house was something worth noted down as well~
We went and packed up the rubbish remained in laopenyou's old house and dumped them in the alley
While packing and picking up stuff, we saw a lot of 'animals', LOL!
Which scared ChiaWen till she stood on her toes, hahaha! Lizards~~~
Unfortunately!!! The rubbish that we packed were all opened and scattered all over the place just the next day we went back and checked out other stuff!!!
This forced us to repack -.-''', me, laopenyou and auntie, like people who zap lapsap~ lol!
We also helped to move the heavy flower pots to the new house~
Not tiring but the sweat was annoying!!! I bathed like 6 times a day for 2 straight day~ haha!

Let's just have a simple list of the foods that I've eaten for the past few days:
鸭蛋炒粿条
蟹肉炒粿条
猪杂粿条汤
Penang Laksa
福建虾面
Ice Kacang
炒BAALII (lol)
Flavoured Mang Zhang Kuey......
And much more!!!

OF COURSE, who would forget auntie's secret recipes?!?!
Please forgive me for not mentioning the menu, it's just too delicious to be mentioned~ (and also too many of them, haha!)

Sight-seeing wise, we went to Tokun Mountain!
Three young and enthusiastic youngsters woke up at 6.30 in the morning
Decided to conquer 大山脚的大山!
By the time we reach there, there was already quite a crowd
But most of them are elders, in their 30s, 40s, 50s and even older~
It took us quite a while to find a parking space as it was already crowded
As soon as we parked the car, we set off our journey to the top of the hill~~~
It was an immediate challenge as the first straight road was a steep one ALREADY!
5 mins later, I heard, "I can't make it d!"
WHAT!?!?!
haha, it was ChiaWen, then laopenyou kept on pushing her, and telling her not to stop~
Hi-5 for laopenyou for not giving her up, haha!
I must say the road climbing up wasn't easy as I first thought
And yet I saw so many old faces were on their way down back to the 'civilisation'
How could they make it!?
Ironically, three of us were there panting like old dogs! haha!
We stopped and we continued, but the thought of givin' up were never close
At least with the persistence of laopenyou :b
In the end, we spent like almost 1.5 hrs to reach the top~ Bravo!
But sadly, the top of the hill doesn't have the stunning scenery as anticipated, but a few huge comm tower and tall tall trees!
However, we were proud of ourselves for reaching the top, at least we can say that we reached there~ haha!

And for memories, we took a few leaves home, which one of them is pretty unique, we didn't notice any other plant that grows the same leaves as this one on our way down~
By the time we reached the bottom of the hill, it was already quite late and we quickly went back and get ready for brunch!
DIM SUM for brunch~ woohoo~ once again, ate till super full~

A day before we have to head back to JB
We finally got the chance to go over to Penang Island itself!
After buying the stuff we need and eating, we decided to head up to Bukit Bendera as all 3 of us haven't been there before~ Shua Gu indeed!
I always thought the speed of the train was gonna be super fast and exiting, but instead, it was super slow! lol! It seemed like it was gonna be very fast though from outside @.@
But the scenery on the way up was quite nice and worth the ride~
And once again, I can say that I have been to Bukit Bendera before~!
There were quite some space on the top of the bukit, there are accommodations, a mosque, an indian temple, a bird park, some hawker stalls, and lotssssss of hugeeee spiders, hanging just above your head as you walked by....yikes~~~~~~
Here's the photos!


And at night, we went to a movie~
Jackie Chan's latest movie, A Spy Next Door!
Critics said that it isn't a good movie if measured in Jackie's standard
But I must say even there's less action scenes, there's more words by him that we can take down and remember~ And bonus! It's a funny movie! I just love comedy~~~
Pity laopenyou didn't really get to enjoy the movie to the fullest, as YuYu was nagging during the movie, lol!

And finally, time to face reality and head back home!
5 days just seem too short with so much fun, wished I could stay there longer :b
However, I truly enjoyed it and it's great to go to Penang again after so many years
The atmosphere and environment there are different compared to JB, I couldn't even put it in words, I jus enjoyed there~
I met funny uncle, kind auntie, 2 funny aunties, funny ahpo, lovely ahpo, funny brother and naughty yuyu~
Thanks uncle auntie for taking care of me for these few days, made sure my stomach is filled~
And most importantly, our best driver (lol), tour guide, and sister ChiaWen~
3 of us surely had lotsa fun that we'll never forget~!!!
We must get together someday again~ lol!
Happy People, Happy Stories~~~
I miss you all~

Side Note:
HUNGENVINESS (created by CW, inspired by Envoneliness, lol)
(The feeling of hungry + envy, when you know someone is eating a yummy food but you can't) :b

5 comments:

kamen February 7, 2010 at 6:20:00 PM GMT+8  

Good Summary of ur days~! =)

but HA!!! mistake spotted!
we didnt eat dim sum on the day we went to tokun!! instead we went somewher restaurant & eat the "fish head curry"~ Remember? >< We conquered 2 hills in a day!!

We shall meet again in the future!!
it is nice to hang out with u & my biaoge~
Maybe next time will end up in aus? who knows? ^^

Nice to meet u~ =)
Have a nice day!

yong February 8, 2010 at 1:06:00 AM GMT+8  

we ate dim sum on the day we went to play bb lo...
hope u really enjoy the trip to penang...hope my family and relative didnt scare u..
if i were there for cny, i would drag u there again...
enjoy the rest of ur holiday...

fanyin February 9, 2010 at 2:47:00 AM GMT+8  

what a waste for me cant be there to attend a wonderful wedding =( and Penan's yumyum really make me starving~~~~ arhhgggg~~
ohya, welcome to visit my new bloggie~ ^^

pei xi February 11, 2010 at 7:35:00 AM GMT+8  

I am hungry when read through the names of foodsss....u ate a lot...
seems like a very happy trip...so nice....
but y u wrote in "laopenyou", but not "laopengyou"? haha...
Happy CNY!!!

Anonymous February 11, 2010 at 7:35:00 AM GMT+8  

I am hungry when read through the names of foodsss....u ate a lot...
seems like a very happy trip...so nice....
but y u wrote in "laopenyou", but not "laopengyou"? haha...
Happy CNY!!!

By peixi

Archive

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP