Saturday, February 27, 2010

Landed

After a terrific summer holiday, can I say? The best eva!
I'm back in this small A-town~

Everything's pretty much the same, except our usual supermarket Woolworths is under renovation
It made the groceries shopping a little bit tougher but that's ok
Just that I prefer the atmosphere in Woolworths than Coles :b
The locals still talk in a loud voice as usual, the old ones are still as friendly and happy
Everything seems to be pretty normal, however, I'm back with a refreshed heart, pumped and ready to go anytime for the whole year! Hooray! ^^

Well, let's share some of my experience in Darwin......
First of all, I wouldn't go back to Darwin to travel after this trip
Don't get me wrong as Darwin is a good small town, as good as a modern village could get
Just that the weather there, gosh~
I must say, although Malaysia is hot, humid and all...
However, Darwin does it 'better' than Malaysia, it made the experience of eating a BigMac in an air-conditioned McD a pain!

The town area is cute, in a way that no tall buildings to be found anywhere~
Maybe I didn't get to walk in the city long enough to discover something interesting, 'cause it's just too HOT!!!

I thought I would stay in the city till 4.30pm when I reached there around 1.30pm...but I just couldn't wait to get back to the super comfortable hotel lobby and spend my whole day there, so I waited in the office till I can get up the 3.30pm bus~ LOL~
Sat in the office, together with a lady who is working there, tried to help her to change her phone ringtone but it's just too hard~ haha!! And didn't know why her phone's camera is not working as well~ You can imagine how bored while I'm there d~ Well~ It's nice to have somebody to talk to and joke around with especially you're THAT BORED!!!
Finally, the bus arrived~
And I pretty much had a tour around the town area of Darwin as the driver drove to different places to pick people up to the airport~ I must say, it looks a little bit like the suburb area of Perth, however Perth is always nicer, no doubt about it ^^

Ohya! A few hours before heading off to Changi, cousin ShuWei took me out for lunch and some test-drive sessions!!
To bid his farewell, he chose to bring me to Volkswagen's show room to check out the latest Scirocco!!

For sure, it looks stunning and a bit Audi-like since Volkswagen had 'swallowed' Audi just few months ago...lol!
Everything's so high-tech in the car, the leather, the engine, even the smell of the genuine leather was great!!
However, too small a car for me, just like the salesman said, a perfect car for bringing meimei around, not to carry a whole family or frens, haha!!
Too bad, there isn't one to test drive for that time...however, I've got my eyes stuck for Passat CC, gosh, that car had me going!!

Well, before I forget, the tiny little Scirocco actually cost 170,000 ringgit, I wouldn't do it! haha!!
After deciding Scirocco is definitely not my style, I suggested that we go Volvo!
Yes! My favourite car of all time, Volvo S80, my dream car~

Well, if that's too old, how about C70?? I love this car!!!

It would stimulate my saliva glands whenever it came to sight......lol!!
Yet again, we met another nice salesman~ (We didn't expect much since we were on t-shirt, shorts and slippers :b)
He talked and talked and talked even he knew we weren't going to buy since I had told him that I would be going back to Aus a few hours later...
Well, a smart salesman would lock down his client, even client in the future, he even got it all planned out for me...graduate in two years time, come back to Malaysia, become a rich pharmacist and buy a Volvo! And for sure, look for him! LOL~
He offered me to have a test-drive of S40, well, not my style, but test-drive? Why not?

Hmm...I must say bravo to Volvo for adding the blind-spot detecting system on the side mirrors, I think it would be useful for lotsa people~
The steering was not too light, which I like!
The acceleration was fine, as there is no turbo, however, I do believe that this car will go up to 220km/h easily, and more if you want
The manual shifting system is quite responsive, I could feel the torque
The interior, nice just like any other typical Volvo
Overall, a nice car with a reasonable price tag of 170,000 ringgit, suitable for youngsters~
After that, we said byebye and definitely SEE YOU SOON! haha!!
Walked pass Mercedes-Benz, hmmm...not my style either!!! Never been a Merz fans, maybe someday when I'm old??!! Although Volvo is old enough for most people, but I have to mention again, not C70!!
Definitely a worth-while trip, a visit to the car showroom before a flight back to education
Certainly inspiring and motivating~ This will always remind me to work hard towards my goal~

My C70 and a present for dad, S80! (although he loves Toyota Estima so much, I still feel like S80 suits him better :b) gambateh!!!
Appreciate it~~~

Well, Adelaide!!!
The moment I landed, was the moment I start to get busy~ (Well, at least at the first day)
I went to settle some of the admin stuff, hospital placement, visits, documents, credit exemptions...
Luckily! Everything went just fine!
And then, back to my slacking lifestyle, just like December last year, home alone and enjoying the sofa, the musics, the movies all by myself~
Suddenly I felt like going to school soon!!! Ironic but I just want holidays to come faster~
So that I could see my dear frens soon~~~ wahahaha!!!

Last but not least, boooooo to uni for making us study during the World Cup 2010!!!

Er...should I booooo FIFA instead for organising the World Cup during exams period??
Hmmm.......
Anyway~ Luckily I will still have the chance to witness the finals, hopefully with laopenyou, ruru, chiawen, jiejie, yougor, aijia and even robao, aying, hl and wenwen!!!

Let's work hard together!!
Let's endure and motivate each other~
We'll have the glory~

Get all pumped up and exited, woohoo!!!
Wonderful life here I come~

0 comments:

Archive

  © I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying. (Michael Jordan)

Back to TOP